HENRY NG IN THE CITY
Henry Ng first caught my eye at an event we were both attending in the city. His eccentric yet refined and tailored look was a rare sight as the two rarely go hand and hand. I later learned that he was indeed a designer, with his own menswear label, Orri Henrisson. His philosophy on personal style is echoed in his designs; knowing how to have fun and make a point of difference without trying too hard.
I got Henry to get his stair climbing on one afternoon in the city and talk about some of his looks.
THE THREE STEP
I would say my style is a hybrid of sporty, preppy and luxury with elements of fun and relevance. Coming from a graphic design background rather than a fashion one has given me an eye to see sartorial differently. It is all about juxtaposition and contrast but finding a balance within that at the same time.
1. This is me going to the supermarket. This oversized Henrik Vibskov bag makes a good grocery bag and I wanted some consistency in the outfit so I paired it with the shirt, which has a similar colourway. It is a print clash theme but one that has some kind of cohesion.
2. This is me doing one of my morning power walks. Not too sweaty, not too trendy, just enough self respect to want to look good with and without clothes and adding pops of colour to cheer up the gloomy day.
3. This is me after church. I love classic pieces with little twisted details such as the cutouts on the leather/suede mix on the desert boots, the side blinders on the lab-like glasses and the sans sleeves on the overcoat. I worked with a khaki tone to achieve a military theme, one which the elderly ladies at church strangely like. Maybe it is the teddy tattoo?
Fashion credits: 1. McQ Alexander McQueen shirt, Orri Henrisson trousers, Adidas shoes, Henrik Vibskov bag, ASOS belt, Linda Farrow glasses. 2. Mjolk shirt, Topman jumpsuit, Adidas shoes, Raf Simons sunglasses, ASOS belt, Hederus visor. 3. Orri Henrisson overcoat, Topman trousers, Neil Barrett shoes, Billykirk bag, Kris Van Assche glasses.
- riddick88 likes this
- holabrian likes this
- kissing-whiskey likes this
- unknownkent likes this
- pressforreplay likes this
- aewallace likes this
- litttle-bit likes this
- sunsblom likes this
- andwearenotroyals likes this
- pengintaibintang likes this
- femininerealm likes this
- ahumanpattern likes this
- hideao reblogged this from meninthistown
- karynfsmith likes this
- yosoyloquepienso likes this
- hideao likes this
- fashoncrave reblogged this from meninthistown
- juveniletrendsetter likes this
- sunriseandsunbloom likes this
- lostboats reblogged this from meninthistown
- johnmauser likes this
- jacket-is-required likes this
- ayambalati likes this
- fuckyeahmalereferences reblogged this from meninthistown
- gentleman-gentlemen reblogged this from meninthistown
- fomoonfashion likes this
- coolestgeek likes this
- nentanaka likes this
- arkzar likes this
- cultureofamind reblogged this from meninthistown
- denimleatherandstyle reblogged this from meninthistown
- salmonisacolor likes this
- chriguer likes this
- kleineraupenimmersatt likes this
- jameybabygirl likes this
- jesselindhorst likes this
- owahonk likes this
- ricsin likes this
- tra1223 likes this
- cooperjaa likes this
- danniyann reblogged this from meninthistown
- antoniobr89 likes this
- theshinysuitheory likes this
- bhabygaux likes this
- m33ko likes this
- olgu-in-china likes this
- ikashares likes this
- missrykie likes this
- missrykie reblogged this from meninthistown
- dressedtildeath reblogged this from asiandictatoroftaste
Copyright © 2010–2014 Men In This Town. All rights reserved.